Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Enabling Technologies in Electric and More Electric Transportation"
A special issue of Electronics (ISSN 2079-9292). This special issue belongs to the section "Electrical and Autonomous Vehicles".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 November 2023 | Viewed by 1670
Special Issue Editors
Interests: control systems engineering; intelligent control (fuzzy logic, artificial neural networks); nonlinear control; hybrid control design; electrical engineering; renewable energy; photovoltaic and wind power; energy management systems and algorithms; electric motors and drives; motor losses evaluation; electric vehicles (EVs); applied electromagnetics; electromagnetic characterization; high-frequency magnetics; finite element method; power electronics applications; machine learning; and mobile robots
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Interests: power electronics and drives; renewable energy systems; radiation in power semiconductor devices; artificial intelligence applications to power electronics
Special Issue Information
In recent years, electric vehicles (EVs), hybrid EVs and electric transportation systems have been rapidly developed, and more and more broadly used in the world. This Special Issue is focused on the recent advances and developments in key technologies and solutions used for EVs, hybrid EVs, electric transportation systems, and related applications. All relevant research and review papers of analysis, design, simulation, evaluation and/or experiment are welcomed to contribute to the Special Issue.
Topics of interests include (but are not limited to) the following:
1. Electric motors, motor drives, and related issues in EVs:
- Design, analysis, and evaluation of high-efficient motors for EVs.
- New fault diagnosis techniques for electric motors and drives.
- Motor drives using wide-bandgap semiconductor devices (SiC/GaN).
- EMI issues in motor drive systems for EVs, and related solutions.
2. Power electronic converters, magnetic materials and components for EVs:
- High-frequency and high-power converters in EVs and hybrid EVs.
- Advanced topologies of high-efficient power electronic converters for EVs.
- Design and characterization of magnetic materials and components for power converters in EVs.
- Topologies and control of quick chargers for EVs and hybrid EVs.
3. Control methods and algorithms for EVs and electric transportation:
- Dynamics and modeling of EVs and related transportation systems.
- Advanced control methods for EVs and hybrid EVs.
- Driving control algorithms for intelligent EVs.
- Advances in autonomous and manual operation modes of EVs.
4. Energy management and AI applications in EVs and electric transportation:
- Energy management and optimization algorithms for EVs and hybrid EVs.
- Thermal analysis and management for EVs and hybrid EVs.
- Application and implementation of artificial intelligence (AI) in EVs.
- Control and mechanism of power grid with high penetration of EVs.
Dr. Nguyen Gia Minh Thao
Dr. Ramani Kannan
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- high-efficient motors and drives
- high-frequency converters and magnetic materials
- quick chargers for electric vehicles
- advanced control of EVs
- driving control for intelligent EVs
- energy management algorithms for EVs
- hybrid EVs