Travel Award 2019 (800 CHF)
We are inviting applications for two travel awards (800 Swiss Francs each) for postdoctoral fellows to attend an international conference of their choice in 2019. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee, chaired by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Mostafa Bassiouni.
- The postdoctoral fellow (within four years of receiving their PhD degree) should undertake their research within the scope of Electronics.
- The postdoctoral fellow will attend an international conference in 2019 (oral presentation or poster). Preference will be given to oral presentations accompanied by a published paper in the conference proceedings.
- The awardees are asked to acknowledge the support from the journal of Electronics in their published papers or posters.
Applicants should provide the following:
- The applicant’s oral or poster abstract for the conference (list the conference name and its website).
- CV, including a complete list of publications.
- A justification letter (a maximum of 500 words) describing the focus of their research, and what benefits the applicant could get from attending the conference.
- A letter of recommendation (a maximum of 400 words) from a supervisor or principal investigator (PI). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfills all of the requirements.
Please apply online (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/awards) by 31 December 2018. The winners will be announced on the Electronics website by the end of February 2019.
Young Investigator Award 2019 (1,800 CHF)
We are pleased to announce that the 2019 Electronics Young Investigator Award is now open for nominations and applications. All nominations and applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee, chaired by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Mostafa Bassiouni.
Eligibility and Requirements of the Candidates:
- Must have received a PhD degree within the past 10 years within the scope of Electronics (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/about).
- Must be 40 years of age or under (as of 31 December 2018).
List of Documents Needed for Application:
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including an updated publication list and a list of the researcher’s own research grants.
- Detailed publication list from 2018, including authors, titles, and journals.
- List of conferences that the candidate attended in 2018 as well as the research results presented.
- A scanned copy of the candidate’s doctorate certificate.
- Signed nomination letters from two established senior scientists.
The Award Will Consist of the Following:
- 1800 Swiss Francs.
- An offer to publish a paper free of charge, without a fixed deadline, in Electronics, after peer review in 2019.
- A certificate.
Please apply online (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/awards) before 31 December 2018. The winners will be announced on the Electronics website by the end of February 2019.
Outstanding Reviewer Award 2018
Electronics has had its first Impact Factor (IF: 2.110) this June. To acknowledge all of the reviewers who have generously given their time and effort to reviewing the manuscripts submitted to Electronics, on behalf of the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Mostafa Bassiouni, the Electronics editorial office plans to dedicate this award to those who have provided dedication, professionalism, and timeliness when reviewing manuscripts for Electronics.
What are the eligibility requirements for the 2018 Electronics Outstanding Reviewer Awards?
All Electronics reviewers in 2018 will be considered automatically.
What are the evaluation standards?
The quality of the reviews will be taken into consideration, including the quality of the review reports and the completing time.
What will the winners receive?
This award will consist of three awardees, and each will receive the following:
- A certificate
- 500 Swiss Francs (CHF)
- An offer to publish a paper free of charge, without a fixed deadline in Electronics, after peer review in 2019.
When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced on the journal website, early in 2019.
How to be in with a chance to win?
For those of you who have not yet reviewed papers for the journal, but would like to do so, you can easily register as a reviewer at https://susy.mdpi.com/volunteer/profile/edit or send your profiles to the Electronics editorial office (email@example.com).
Travel Awards 2018
As Editor-in-Chief of Electronics, I am pleased to announce the two winners of the 2018 Travel Awards sponsored by Electronics.
The awards were granted to Mr. Spyridon-Nektarios Daskalakis, Ph.D. students of Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh UK, and Dr. Yao-Feng Chang, a postdoctoral fellow at The University of Texas at Austin, USA. The awards consist of 800 Swiss Francs each to support attendance at any academic conference in 2018.
Mr. Spyridon-Nektarios Daskalakis’s current research interests include low-cost wireless sensor networks and RF energy harvesting. In particular, he focuses on backscatter radio communication, batteryless sensors, PCB design, low-cost software-defined radio, environmental sensing and RF energy harvesting.
Dr. Yao-Feng Chang focuses on three topics: (1) SiOx- and SiNx-based ReRAM fabrication, characterization, and mechanism understanding. (2) Stateful Boolean logic and synaptic Post-Moore computing, and bio-inspiration biomimetic systems in electronic devices. (3) Selector integration for large-scale low-power array design.
Electronics is proud to support these young researchers working in the field of electronics and wish them further success in their careers. We are grateful to all who submitted applications—thank you for letting us get to know you and your work. We hope all of you continue to pay attention to Electronics in the future.
Prof. Dr. Mostafa Bassiouni
The Electronics Editorial Board and Editorial Team would like to gratefully acknowledge the time and energy given by reviewers in checking manuscripts submitted to Electronics. It is due to their efforts that the high quality of the journal and quick turnaround are maintained The following referee has been selected to receive “Electronics 2017 Outstanding Reviewer Awards” for the quantity, timeliness and quality of the reviews in 2017:
•Gia Khanh Tran, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
Prof. Dr. Mostafa Bassiouni
Editor-in-Chief of Electronics
University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA