Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Black Holes in Einstein–Gauss–Bonnet Theories"
A special issue of Universe (ISSN 2218-1997). This special issue belongs to the section "Compact Objects".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (28 February 2023) | Viewed by 6459
Special Issue Editor
2. Peoples Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University), 6 Miklukho-Maklaya Street, Moscow 117198, Russia
Interests: mathematical and general theoretical physics; classical mechanics; quantum mechanics; relativity; gravitation; statistical physics; thermodynamics; black holes
Special Issue Information
In recent years black holes and other compact objects in theories with higher curvature corrections to the Einstein action have been actively studied in four- and higher-dimensional spacetimes. The journal Universe invites contributions in the form of reviews or research articles devoted to black holes and other compact objects in the Einstein–Gauss–Bonnet theory and its various generalizations. The Issue will include (but is not limited by) the following topics:
- Black holes in the higher-dimensional Einstein–Gauss–Bonnet and Einstein–Lovelock theory;
- Wormholes and other compact objects in the presence of higher curvature corrections;
- Higher curvature corrections to black holes and black branes in the context of AdS/CFT correspondence;
- Hairy black holes in the Einstein–Gauss–Bonnet theories in four and higher dimensions;
- Various phenomena around black holes with higher curvature corrections: thermodynamics, Hawking radiation, perturbations, gravitational waves and quasinormal modes, shadows, accretion and particle motion;
- Four-dimensional Aoki–Gorji–Mukohyama theory of gravity.
Prof. Dr. Roman Konoplya
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Universe is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- theory of gravity
- black hole
- AdS/CFT correspondence
- quasinormal mode
- Hawking radiation
- gravitational wave