Special Issue "Machine Learning Methods for Bio-Medical Image and Signal Processing: Recent Advances"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 November 2023 | Viewed by 626
Interests: machine learning; data mining; optimization; computational intelligence
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Technologies: Selected Papers from ICNC-FSKD 2023 Conference
In the past few years, there has been tremendous success of machine learning methods, especially convolutional neural networks (CNN) and adversarial generative networks (GAN), applied to bio-medical image and signal processing tasks, such as classification, localization, detection, segmentation, and registration. This Special Issue aims at showcasing the recent advances in this exciting field and identifying research obstacles, emerging trends, and possible future directions.
Prof. Dr. Lipo Wang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Technologies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- image enhancement & noise filtering
- image restoration
- feature extraction
- interpolation & super-resolution
- geometric transformations
- image segmentation
- motion analysis & tracking
- computer and machine vision
- imaging techniques & 3D imaging
- remote sensing
- forensics & security
- filter design & digital filters
- adaptive signal processing
- spectral analysis
- time-frequency signal analysis
- speech & language processing
- multi-dimensional signal processing
- biomedical imaging, image processing, signal processing and analysis
- biomedical instrumentation, devices, sensors, artificial organs, and nano technologies
- biomedical robotics and mechanics
- wearable and real-time health monitoring systems
- applications of artificial intelligence, machine learning and data mining in bioinformatics and medical informatics
- healthcare information systems