A section of Sensors (ISSN 1424-8220).
Optical Sensors Section publishes original peer-reviewed papers covering all aspects of Optical Sensing. Both theoretical and experimental papers and comprehensive review are considered. This Section addresses all aspects of optical sensors, including source and detection technologies, sensor architectures, sensor performance, processing approaches and applications, as well as actuation and control by light. These optical sensors and actuators include micro- and nanodevices, large devices, sensor arrays, as well as several materials and technologies for a very large number of applications. The Section provides a platform for the publication of original and scientific research that is likely to have a large general impact and also has the aim of initiating Special Issues.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Fiber-Based Sensing Technology: Recent Progresses and New Challenges (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Nanotechnology and Optical Sensors (Deadline: 10 January 2020)
- Photonics-Based Sensors for Environment and Pollution Monitoring (Deadline: 15 January 2020)
- Optical Immunosensors (Deadline: 21 January 2020)
- Optical Sensors for Structural Health Monitoring (Deadline: 31 January 2020)
- Advanced Sensors and Signal Processing of Sensor Data: Recent Advances and Applications (Deadline: 31 January 2020)
- Fluorescence-Based Sensors (Deadline: 28 February 2020)
- Optical Fiber Biosensors (Deadline: 29 February 2020)
- Integrated Photonics for Novel Sensing and Measurement Applications (Deadline: 31 March 2020)
- Novel Optical Sensors for Biomedical Application (Deadline: 30 April 2020)
- Fiber Optic Sensors in Chemical and Biological Applications (Deadline: 30 April 2020)
- EUV and X-ray Wavefront Sensing (Deadline: 15 May 2020)