About ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information
ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (ISSN 2220-9964) provides an advanced forum for the science and technology of geographic information. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information publishes regular research papers, reviews and communications. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the maximum length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. There are, in addition, three unique features of this journal:
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed.
- electronic files and software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material.
- we also accept manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds.
The scope of the ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information is geoinformation (science) and its related applications. The major areas that cover the scope of the journal are:
- Spatial data modeling (3D and multi-dimensional modeling, data structures and algorithms, uncertainty modeling, ontologies, etc.);
- Spatial data management (spatial databases, cloud data management, blockchain, etc.);
- Spatial analysis and decision making (geocomputation, geosimulation, spatial statistics, etc.);
- Geospatial artificial intelligence (machine learning, deep learning, big data, data mining, cognition, etc.);
- Cartography (geovisualization, visual analytics, augmented and virtual reality, digital globes, etc.);
- Spatial data infrastructures (data integration, standards, metadata, policies, etc.);
- Geospatial web (semantic web, Internet of Things, sensor networks, web services, cloud computing, interoperability, etc.);
- Citizen science, crowd sourcing and volunteered geographic information (open data, social media, etc.);
- Location-based services and trajectory analysis (mobility, real-time GIS, indoor/outdoor modeling and mapping, etc.);
- Urban informatics, smart cities and communities (urban digital twins, BIM/CIM/AEC, etc.);
- Advanced geospatial applications (climate change, ecology, SDGs, disaster management, health, mobility, etc.).
Submissions must fall under one or several of the mentioned areas. Papers that are primarily devoted to remote sensing, photogrammetry, GNSS, geodesy, or geosciences/earth sciences (such as geology, lithology, geomorphology, hydrology, climatology, meteorology, etc.) are out of the scope of this journal. Papers on applications in those disciplines might be acceptable but only when they have a strong relation with, and components in, geoinformation science.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
MDPI is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in IJGI will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .Contact us
For further MDPI contacts, see here.