Travel Award 2019 (800 CHF)
We are pleased to announce that applications are now open for the 2019 Geriatrics Travel Award. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief of Geriatrics: Prof. Dr. Ralf Lobmann.
Candidates should fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a postdoctoral fellow or General Practitioner (GP) and be involved in research on geriatrics.
- Attend an international conference (from January 2019 to December 2019) on geriatric medicine or related disciplines (making either an oral presentation, poster, or both).
- Be from academic, government, and pharma labs.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents (the entire application package should be submitted as a single PDF file):
- An outline of current and planned future research (1 page).
- A CV, including a complete list of publications.
- The conference to be attended and a copy of the abstract that will be presented (list the conference name and its website).
- A letter of recommendation from the supervisor, research director, or department head that also confirms the applicant’s status as a postdoc/General Practitioner.
The Award will consist of 800 Swiss Francs (CHF).
Please apply online (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/geriatrics/awards/submit/402) before 31 October 2018. The winner will be announced by the end of December 2018.
Travel Award 2017
Emiel O. Hoogendijk, a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Amsterdam Public Health Research Institute, the VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, who will be supported with 800 Swiss Francs towards his travel expenses to attend an academic conference in 2018. His research interests focus on frailty, physical functioning and social functioning.
We would like to thank all the applicants for submitting the diverse and fascinating range of research topics. Please join me in congratulating Dr. Emiel O. Hoogendijk on his award!