Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Electrical Engineering for Sustainable and Renewable Energy"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2020.
Interests: electric power systems; sustainable energy; distributed generation; low-frequency electromagnetics
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Clean Technologies: Renewable and Sustainable Energy
This Special Issue of Energies focuses on the electrical engineering aspects of sustainable and renewable energies in the frame of energy transition.
Contributions on the following topics, among others, are invited:
- Renewable energy production: Wind, solar, wave, tidal energy, etc. The focus lies on electric power conversions and control (e.g., maximum power point tracking) in these systems;
- Integration of renewable power generation in power systems: Concepts, design, operation and control of (future) power systems, use of storage devices, demand-side response (for balancing renewables), etc.;
- Electrical energy efficiency in industry, buildings, transmission and distribution, etc.;
- Electrification and its role in decarbonized energy systems.
Prof. Dr. Lieven Vandevelde
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- renewable and sustainable energy
- electrical engineering
- electric power systems
- energy transition
- grid integration
- demand-side response
- energy efficiency
- electric energy storage