Special Issue "Wireless Sensor Networks in Intelligent Transportation Systems"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2021) | Viewed by 6936
Interests: computer networking; security systems; coding theory
Interests: PHY/MAC protocol design for massive MIMO; mmWave; and full-duplex wireless systems; Deep learning-based resource optimization for mobile and wireless networks; Energy-efficiency protocol design for IoT systems
In recent years, intelligent transportation systems (ITS) have become an incredible technology for avoiding congested traffic and enhancing traffic safety. To address individual requirements of both safety and non-safety applications in the vehicular communication technology, there is the need to build up a new communication technology for integrated solutions of future ITS. However, the use of the ITS suffers from serious issues related to security, and privacy during heterogeneous data sharing and processing, which prevent ITS solutions from becoming the prevalent alternative. On the other hand, wireless sensor networks (WSNs) are interconnected sensor nodes that communicate wirelessly to collect data about the surrounding environment. Its conjunction with ITS could make more complex applications possible. In this challenging context, effective WSN-based ITS solutions and strategies emphasizing on secure data sharing and privacy preserving will provide continuous improvement for real implementations.
This Special Issue focuses on advanced developments, technologies, and challenges regarding the security and privacy issues in a WSN-based ITS environment, and in particular to its adoption within the cloud-based VANET research field. We are particularly interested in the latest findings from research, ongoing projects, and in review articles that can provide readers with current research trends and solutions.
The topics relevant to this Special Issue include but are not limited to:
- Cloud-based IoT data gathering and processing;
- Key management in cloud-assisted IoT scenarios;
- Security and privacy for WSN-based ITS;
- Privacy-aware secured protocols for blockchain-based WSNs;
- New models, solutions with blockchain in cloud/edge-based VANET infrastructure;
- Blockchain-based trustworthy applications in VANETs;
- Cyber security for IoT and cloud/edge computing;
- Big data technologies and applications in ITS;
- Information revelation and privacy in WSNs;
- Anonymous authentication for privacy preserving in WSN-based ITS;
- Privacy concepts and applications in cloud-based ITS platforms;
- Optimization of dynamic processes in cloud-assisted VANETs;
- Security and privacy issues in mobile VANET infrastructure.
Prof. Dr. Ilyoung Chung
Prof. Dr. Wooyeol Choi
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Network security
- Privacy protection
- Standards and protocols for the Internet of Things
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITS)
- Smart healthcare sensors
- Vehicular ad-hoc networks (VANETs)
- Wireless sensor networks (WSNs)
- Cloud-Assisted ITS
- Edge and fog computing
- Block chain design for VANETs