Special Issue "Ovarian Cancer: Characteristics, Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2019).
Interests: ovarian cancer; cancer screening; tumor imaging
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Diagnostics: Ovarian Cancer 3.0: Characteristics, Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment
Ovarian cancer is deadly, claiming more women than all other gynecological malignancies combined. However, when detected at an early stage, ovarian cancer is highly curable. Consequently, screening efforts are likely to be the best way to detect early stage disease. The forthcoming Special Issue focuses on several key elements that are essential for an understanding of ovarian cancer, its characteristics, and risk factors that are relevant to screening for ovarian cancer. Invited topics that are:
- Risk factors for ovarian cancer.
- Markers and new genes associated with ovarian cancer.
- Ovarian cancer subtypes and their relatedness.
- Treatment related to high volume centers and National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines.
- Predictors of treatment responses.
- Treatment costs and effectiveness.
- Therapies and precision therapies for ovarian cancer.
- Vaccines and checkpoints in the immune therapy of ovarian cancer.
- Diagnostic tools: Strengths and limitations.
- International variations in ovarian cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Determining ovarian cancer risk by tests for the general population.
- Mitigating risk of ovarian cancer surgically or medically.
- Screening trial design: Selection, make-up, execution, protocol driven aspects, age of participants, duration of screening, follow-up and events to be censored.
- Collateral affectors in screening: Perceptions of well-being and potential complications of treatment as confounders of compliance.
- Endpoints and efficacy: Early stage detection, disease specific survival, overall survival and avoidance of an ovarian cancer death as endpoints, with considerations of screen performance and cost.
- Interpretation of ovarian screening trials. Comparisons between screening trials conducted in the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan are informative regarding the current status of ovarian screening.
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Diagnostics is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- ovarian cancer
- trail design
- collateral affectors
- Ovarian Cancer Screening in Diagnostics (11 articles)
- Ovarian Cancer 3.0: Characteristics, Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment in Diagnostics (7 articles)