Travel Award 2019
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for PhD students in the area of computer science & engineering and their applications to support participation at a conference of their choice in 2019. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars in this field.
Prof. Paolo Bellavista
- PhD students whose research is related to computer science & engineering.
- Participating at an international computer science & engineering related conference in 2019 (oral presentation or poster).
- Awardees are asked to acknowledge the support of the journal Computers in their presentations.
Applicants are asked to submit the following documents:
- The applicant’s oral or poster abstract for the conference (please provide the conference name and website).
- CV, including a list of publications.
- A letter concerning the choice of the conference and costs involved.
- A letter of recommendation (max. 400 words) from his/her mentor.
The award will consist of 800 Swiss Francs.
Please submit your applications via below link by 31 January 2019:
The winners will be announced on the Computers website by the end of February 2019.
Travel Award Winner 2018
As Editor-in-Chief of Computers, I am pleased to announce the winner of the 2018 Computers Travel Award on behalf of the Travel Award Evaluation Committee.
The winner is Emilio Cruciani, Ph.D. student in Computer Science at the Gran Sasso Science Institute, whose primary research activity is on the analysis of dynamical processes of networks and on the design of scalable algorithms for large datasets. He is planning to orally present his work "Scalable Approaches for Test Suite Reduction" at the prestigious 41st International Conference on Software Engineering (25-31 May 2019, Montréal, QC, Canada). The award consists of 800 Swiss Francs to attend this conference.
The Travel Award winner selection was a difficult process as we received many high-quality applications for the award and we thank all applicants for their valuable submissions. Let me take the opportunity to thank also the Travel Award Evaluation Committee, which worked promptly and rigorously to determine the winner. We wish to congratulate Mr. Emilio Cruciani for his accomplishments.
Prof. Dr. Paolo Bellavista
Computers (ISSN 2073-431X) is an international scientific peer-reviewed open access journal of computer science, including computer and network architecture and computer–human interaction as its main foci, published quarterly online by MDPI with a median publication time of 40 days from submission to publication in 2018. It is now Indexed in the Scopus, Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI - Web of Science), Inspec (IET), and DBLP.
Computers Editorial Office
St. Alban-Anlage 66, 4052 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail: [email protected]