Topical Collection "Feature Papers in Cell Motility and Adhesion"
Interests: actin cytoskeleton; actin-binding proteins; Rho GTPases; cyclase-associated protein; coronin; plastin; cell motility; platelet biology; endothelial cell biology
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
This Topical Collection, “Feature Papers in Cell Motility and Adhesion”, aims to collect high-quality research articles, review articles, and communications on all aspects of cell motility and adhesion, with a focus on cell biology research. Since the goal of this Topical Collection is to illustrate, through selected works, frontier research in cell motility and adhesion, I encourage Editorial Board Members of Cells to contribute papers reflecting the latest progress in their research field or to invite relevant experts and colleagues to do so. We also welcome senior experts in this field to make contributions to this Topical Collection. Please kindly note that all invited papers will be published online free of charge once accepted.
Topics include, without being limited to, the following:
- Cytoskeleton—microtubules, microfilaments, and intermediate filaments;
- Membrane trafficking, cellular dynamics and interactions of integrins, cell adhesion molecules and ECM components;
- Functions and molecular interactions of actin-binding proteins, microtubule-binding proteins, and intermediate-filament-binding proteins;
- Molecular and cellular architecture of cell adhesion complexes and cell junctions;
- Cell division;
- Signaling processes in cytoskeleton remodeling, cell motility, and adhesion;
- Cell migration during embryonic and postnatal development;
- Cancer cell migration, invasion, and metastasis;
- Neurite outgrowth and axonal guidance;
- Immune synapse formation and function, immune cell migration and extravasation;
- Imaging technologies, novel biomaterials, and other instrumental/computational advances in studying cell motility and adhesion.
Dr. Francisco Rivero
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the collection website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Cells is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.