We are pleased to announce that the following papers were selected as the winners of the Bioengineering Best Paper Award 2018:
- Grit Sandig, Hans Henning von Horsten, Lars Radke, Véronique Blanchard, Marcus Frohme, Christoph Giese, Volker Sandig and Stephan Hinderlich. Engineering of CHO Cells for the Production of Recombinant Glycoprotein Vaccines with Xylosylated N-glycans. Bioengineering 2017, 4, 38. DOI: 10.3390/bioengineering4020038
- Maike Kuschel, Flora Siebler and Ralf Takors. Lagrangian Trajectories to Predict the Formation of Population Heterogeneity in Large-Scale Bioreactors. Bioengineering 2017, 4, 27. DOI: 10.3390/bioengineering4020027
- Hee-Gyeong Yi, Hyungseok Lee and Dong-Woo Cho. 3D Printing of Organs-On- Chips. Bioengineering 2017, 4, 10. DOI: 10.3390/bioengineering4010010
The above papers were selected and confirmed by the “Best Paper Award” evaluation committee, which consisted of five members of the Bioengineering Editorial Board. The winners were determined according to the following criteria:
- Quality, novelty and scientific soundness
- Citation and download rates
In recognition of their accomplishment, the winners will receive a certificate and an offer to publish a paper free of charge in Bioengineering, after the normal peer-review procedure.
Prof. Dr. Anthony Guiseppi-Elie
Travel Award 2018
Our online journal Bioengineering is sponsoring a Travel Award for researchers in the area of biological engineering and biomedical engineering to support participation at a conference of their choice between December 2018 and August 2019. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee presided by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Anthony Guiseppi-Elie.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree and be involved in biological engineering or biomedical engineering and related areas;
- Applicants will attend an international conference between December 2018 and August 2019 to present their research (oral presentation or poster);
- Applicants need to submit the following documents:
- an abstract of the work to be presented at the conference;
- an introduction about their present and future work;
- a short CV with selected publications;
- a letter of support from their supervisor;
- an introduction about the conference they wish to attend (please provide the conference website and a letter of acceptance from the conference organizers if possible).
The award will consist of 800 Swiss Francs and may be used for registration, travel, or accommodation. The awardee must provide a copy of the page of the conference program showing the presented abstract and of the meeting badge after attending the conference. We look forward to receiving your applications.Please apply online before 20 October 2018. The winner will be announced in November 2018.