Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Battery Integration and Operation in Electro-Mobile Applications"
A special issue of Batteries (ISSN 2313-0105).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (20 May 2018).
Interests: power electronics; electric and hybrid electric vehicles; wireless power transfer; batteries; energy storage devices; electro-mobility; thermoelectric generators
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
During recent years, a slow but steady trend towards the electrification of the transportation sector has begun. Hybrid and electric vehicles have been commercially available for some years and projects of electric buses, trucks, ferries, etc., are also seen. Therefore, batteries have become more and more important in the transportation of people and goods. For the same reason, in order to reduce costs and to increase the safety and reliability, proper integration and operation of batteries in electro-mobile applications also become more and more important. Especially, when the battery capacity increases, as seen in recent electric vehicles.
This Special Issue of Batteries focuses on several aspects regarding battery integration and operation in electro-mobile applications. Topics of interests include, but are not limited to:
- Pack design, failure mitigation and thermal management of batteries
- Battery-management-systems (BMSs), e.g., dissipative and non-dissipative balancing topologies and strategies, centralized or distributed configurations, etc.
- On and offline diagnostic, prognostic and condition monitoring methods on batteries
- Power electronic converters for batteries, e.g., chargers, step-up converters, equalizers and motors controllers, including novel concepts such as integrating battery cells in multilevel converters
- Energy management strategies in hybrid electric applications
- Fast charging topologies, concepts and influence on battery performance
- Battery lifetime investigation based on specific mission profiles and strategies
- Experiences on emerging batteries, e.g., Li-S and Mg-ion batteries
Electro-mobile applications include hybrid and electric vehicles, buses, trucks, trains, ferries, airplanes, electric bikes, drones and other mobility solutions.Assoc. Prof. Erik Schaltz
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Batteries is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Thermal management
- Power electronic converters
- Fast charging
- Lifetime investigation
- Energy management strategies