Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Remote Sensing and Geoscience Information Systems in Applied Sciences"
A special issue of Applied Sciences (ISSN 2076-3417). This special issue belongs to the section "Environmental and Sustainable Science and Technology".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 20 June 2020.
Prof. Dr. Saro Lee E-Mail
1. Geological Research Division, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM), 124, Gwahak-ro Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34132, Korea
2. Department of Geophysical Exploration, Korea University of Science and Technology, 217 Gajeong-ro Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34113, Korea
Interests: GIS application in Geological Hazard and Geological Resources
Prof. Dr. Kyung-Soo Han E-Mail
Department of Spatial Information Engineering, Punkyong National University,45, Yongso-ro, Nam-Gu, Busan 48513, Republic of Korea
Interests: Remote sensing for meteorology and land surface, Eco-climatological monitoring
Remote sensing and geoscience information systems in applied sciences, which cover all aspects of applied biology, applied chemistry, applied physics, and applied engineering, have become more essential in measuring, analyzing, understanding and applying the physical, ecological, geological, hydrological, and environmental characteristics of Earth surfaces. Original research articles and literature review papers addressing the advanced technologies of remote sensing and geoscience information systems in applied sciences will be considered for the publication in this Special Issue. The objectives of this Special Issue are to create a multidisciplinary forum of discussion on recent advances in the fields of remote sensing and geoscience information system for applied sciences and to find new applications to applied geology, applied biology, applied ecology, applied hydrology, applied environmentology, and so on.
Potential topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Sensor design and platforms development;
- Multisensor system design and onboard processing;
- Advances in sensors for applications of remote sensing and geoscience information systems;
- Multisensor integration in applied sciences;
- Geospatial data models in applied sciences;
- Spatial big data analysis in applied sciences;
- Position and localization systems, algorithms, and techniques;
- Innovative of remote sensor techniques;
- Hyperspectral remote sensing in applied sciences;
- Laser scanning sensors in applied sciences;
- Image processing algorithm and systems;
- Spatiotemporal analysis in remote sensing and geoscience information systems.
Prof. Dr. Hyung-Sup Jung
Prof. Dr. Saro Lee
Prof. Dr. Kyung-Soo Han
Prof. Dr. No-Wook Park
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Remote sensing
- Geoscience information system (GIS)
- Global positioning system (GPS)
- Satellite application
- Image processing
- Machine learning