Special Issue "Application of Artificial Neural Networks in Geoinformatics"
A special issue of Applied Sciences (ISSN 2076-3417).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 August 2017)
A printed edition of this Special Issue is available here.
Prof. Dr. Saro Lee
1. Geological Research Division, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM), 124, Gwahak-ro Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34132, Korea;
2. Department of Geophysical Exploration, Korea University of Science and Technology, 217 Gajeong-ro Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34113, Korea
Interests: GIS application in Geological Hazard and Geological Resources
Over the last few decades, artificial neural networks, such as in data mining and machine learning technology, are being successfully applied across a wide range of science and engineering areas. In addition, according to the development of computer and space technologies, geoinformatics, as science and technology dealing with spatial information, are growing rapidly. Thus, recently, artificial neural networks have been widely applied in geoinformatics and have produced valuable results in geoscience, environment, natural hazards, and natural resources areas.
This Special Issue of the journal Applied Sciences, “Application of Artificial Neural Networks in Geoinformatics”, aims to attract novel contributions covering a wide range of applications in artificial neural networks in geoinformatics.
Our topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Application of Artificial Neural Networks combined with Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Application of Artificial Neural Networks in Remote Sensing
- Application of Artificial Neural Networks in Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Spatial Analysis based on Artificial Neural Networks
- Geocomputation using Artificial Neural Networks
- Spatial Prediction using Artificial Neural Networks
- Processing of Geoinformation using Artificial Neural Networks
- Application of Artificial Neural Networks on Geosciences, Environments, Natural Hazard, Natural Resources and Plnning
Comparison and Validation of Artificial Neural Networks with other Machine Learning models
Prof. Dr. Saro Lee
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Data mining
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Spatial Database
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Remote Sensing
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Spatial Analysis