Antioxidants (ISSN 2076-3921), provides an advanced forum for studies related to the science and technology of antioxidants. It publishes research papers, reviews and communications. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. Electronic files and software regarding the full details of the calculation or experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary electronic material.
This journal provides an advanced forum for studies related to the science and technology of antioxidants, focusing on new insights and ideas on active species and processes of biological relevance, natural products, mechanisms of action, applications and uses.
The scope includes but is not limited to the following:
- biosynthesis, isolation and biological activity of redox active natural products
- natural and synthetic antioxidants and their relevance to plant, animal and human health and disease
- Reactive Species, including ROS, RNS and RSS
- antioxidant metabolism in biological systems from plants and microbes to animals
- elucidation of antioxidant mechanisms
- evaluation of antioxidant capacity in vitro and in vivo
- pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of natural antioxidants
- redox modulation in biological systems by pro- and antioxidants
- biological redox catalysis and catalysts
- innovative techniques of antioxidant delivery and protocols for the extraction, isolation, structural characterization of new natural antioxidants
- dietary antioxidants and food supplements
- safe antioxidant preservatives for foods, fodder and cosmetic formulations
- industrial uses of antioxidants for preventing the oxidative degradation of polymers such as rubbers, plastics and adhesives
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Antioxidants is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Antioxidants will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.