ChemEngineering (ISSN 2305-7084) is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal on chemical engineering, which combines chemistry, physics and life science with mathematics and economics to produce, transform, transport and properly use chemicals and energy. Our aim is to encourage scientists and engineers to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. Full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. Communications, full research papers, and review papers are acceptable formats for the submission of manuscripts.
- Process engineering
- Downstream processing design and analysis
- Chemical and catalytic reaction engineering
- Transport phenomena such as fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and mass transfer
- Separation and purification engineering
- Process systems optimization, real-time and dynamic systems
- Advanced process control
- Cyberphysical systems and digital twinning
- Process intensification
- Cyclic adsorption processes (simulated moving bed, pressure swing adsorption, temperature swing adsorption, electric swing
- Artificial intelligence solutions
- Data-driven and hybrid modeling
- Soft sensors, process monitoring and fault detection and diagnosis
- Intelligent control and optimization
- Unsupervised and supervised learning systems
- Big data solutions
- Product engineering
- Product design
- Pharmaceutical and bio-based products
- Perfume and flavor engineering
- New devices
- Lignin valorization for added-value chemicals
- Materials engineering
- Materials synthesis and characterization
- MOFs for CO2 capture
- Molecular engineering
- Molecular simulation
- Design and characterization of drug delivery systems
- Energy and environmental engineering
- Bioenergy engineering technology
- Pollution control and waste treatment
- Environmental bioprocesses
- Clean energy and chemical engineering technology
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
ChemEngineering is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in ChemEngineering will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.