New Frontiers in Industry 4.0
Over the last few years, the Industry 4.0 paradigm has been one of the leading paradigms towards integrating modern smart technologies in manufacturing and industrial practice. The main underlying Industry 4.0 goals have been to allow for the closer interconnection of machines, devices and people, to increase information transparency, to support humans in a broad range of decision-making activities and to enable the autonomous operation of cyber-physical systems.
Industry 4.0 comprises a set of major components, including:
- Internet of Things platforms and applications;
- Mobile and wearable devices;
- Smart sensors;
- Authentication, data security and protection;
- Cognitive computing platforms and applications, including technologies related to artificial intelligence, machine learning, as well as big data processing and analytics;
- Advanced interactive technologies, including augmented/virtual reality;
- Advanced data visualization techniques.
This topic aims to collect the results of research in these, and other relevant, Industry 4.0 areas. The submission of papers within those areas with strong connection to engineering, industrial and manufacturing applications is strongly encouraged.
Prof. Dr. Nikolaos Papakostas
Dr. Sotiris Makris
- cyber-physical systems
- cloud computing and manufacturing
- computer vision for automation
- predictive maintenance
- additive and hybrid manufacturing
- digital twin
- supply chain management
- artificial intelligence
- predictive modeling
- Big Data analytics for manufacturing applications
- Autonomous Systems
- machine learning for manufacturing applications
|Journal Name||Impact Factor||CiteScore||Launched Year||First Decision (median)||APC|
|2.838||3.7||2011||17.4 Days||2300 CHF|
|-||-||2020||21.5 Days||1000 CHF|
|-||4.9||2012||18.9 Days||1600 CHF|
Big Data and Cognitive ComputingBDCC
|-||6.1||2017||17 Days||1400 CHF|
|3.847||6.4||2001||16.2 Days||2400 CHF|
Preprints is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research outputs permanently available and citable. MDPI journals allow posting on preprint servers such as Preprints.org prior to publication. For more details about reprints, please visit https://www.preprints.org.