Special Issue "Smart Systems and Internet of Things (IoT)"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 March 2021.
Interests: Wireless Communications; Wireless Healthcare Sensor Networks; Adaptive Signal Processing; Distributed Networked Sensing and Control
Smart systems integrate sensing, actuation, signal processing, and control in order to make decisions and create a smart environment. Smart system is the next generation of computing and information system, combining artificial intelligence, machine learning, cyber-physical systems, edge/cloud computing, pervasive/ubiquitous computing, big data analytics, and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies to provide real-time networked information and control, which considerably contributes to the development of the future IoT.
Due to the large diversity of IoT devices and technologies, the major challenges in smart systems are: how to design and build integrated smart systems? how to use computing technologies efficiently and effectively? This Special Issue aims at the theory and practice of smart systems and IoT technologies and welcomes original contributions and review papers that are relevant to the following potential areas:
- Computing Models and Algorithms for Smart Systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Smart Systems
- Platforms for Smart Systems
- Smart Communication and Networking Technologies
- Big Data and Smart Systems
- Biometrics and Smart Systems
- Cloud/Edge/Fog Computing Technologies for Smart Systems
- System Design and Architecture for Smart Systems
- IoT and Industrial IoT Technologies for Smart Systems
- Interdisciplinary Technological Approaches and Solutions for Smart Systems
- Smart System Applications (e.g., smart security and surveillance systems, smart transportation systems, smart agriculture, smart healthcare systems, unmanned systems, smart energy management, smart logistics and supply chain management systems)
Prof. Chih-Yu Wen
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Processes is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Please note that for papers submitted after 31 December 2020 an APC of 2000 CHF applies. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Smart System
- Internet of Things
- Computing Technologies
- System Applications
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- System Design and Architecture
- System Platforms