Travel Awards 2019 (800 CHF)
We are inviting applications for two Travel Awards (800 Swiss Francs each) for postdoctoral fellows and Ph.D students to attend an international conference in 2019. The applications will be evaluated by a committee consisting of Editorial Board Members of the journal, chaired by the Editor-in-Chief Prof. Dr. Michael A. Henson.
– Postdoctoral fellows or Ph.D students involved in chemistry, biochemistry,
biology, materials, and related process/systems engineering research.
– Will attend an international conference in 2019 to give an oral or poster presentation.
Required Application Documents:
– The applicant’s oral or poster abstract for the conference (indicate the
conference name and its website).
– Curriculum vitae, including a complete list of publications.
– A justification letter (max 500 words) describing the focus of the applicant’s
research, and the benefits the applicant could get from attending the conference.
– A letter of recommendation (max 400 words) from a supervisor or PI (Principal
Investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant
fulfills all requirements.
Each award will consist of 800 CHF (Swiss Francs).
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2018.
The winners will be announced on Processes website by the end of January 2019.
Travel Award 2018
I am pleased to announce the winner of the inaugural Processes Travel Award, given to an outstanding post-doctoral researcher or Ph.D. student. The Travel Award for 2018 was granted to Mr. Dhruv Gupta, a Ph.D. candidate in Christos Maravelias’ laboratory at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He was selected from a strong pool of 72 applicants. Mr. Gupta’s research focuses on optimization methods for online chemical production scheduling. He plans to attend the Process Systems Engineering conference (PSE 2018) in San Diego, CA. to present his work entitled “General Mixed-integer Programming State- Space Model for Online Scheduling”.
Congratulations to Mr. Gupta and thanks to all who applied.
Michael A. Henson