The journal Processes (MDPI, Switzerland, ISSN 2227-9717, mdpi.com/journal/processes) is inviting applications for the Processes 2021 Best Ph.D. Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to a Ph.D. student who is about to graduate or participate in the graduation thesis. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the Processes Editorial Board.
– The candidate must be a Ph.D. student who is going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses.
– The Ph.D. thesis must be original work.
– The Ph.D. thesis must be defended between 1 January 2021 and 30 September 2021.
– Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
– An executive summary of the Ph.D. thesis in English, of around 3000 words;
– A letter from the Ph.D. supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
– The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
– An electronic copy of the Ph.D. thesis;
– A scanned copy of the Ph.D. diploma (or certificate of studying at a school or research institute as a Ph.D. student going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses).
– Quality of resume and publications;
– Relevance of the candidate and research description;
– Novelty of the candidate’s Ph.D. thesis;
– Strength of the recommendation letter;
– Anticipated academic potential;
– Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (500 CHF);
– Offer to publish a featured paper in Processes with the article processing charge (APC) waived before the end of 2022.
How to apply?
– Please submit your application online.
The application deadline is 30 November 2021. The winner will be announced on the Processes website by the end of January 2022.
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any questions.