Special Issue "Application of Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Medicine"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2022 | Viewed by 6941
2. Department of Electrical Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, Taipei 10608, Taiwan
3. Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taipei University, New Taipei City 23741, Taiwan
4. Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Chaoyang University of Technology, Taichung 41349, Taiwan
Interests: AI; IoT; healthcare systems design; AI in defect detection and classification
Interests: application of artificial intelligence in environmental pollution forecasting, big data analysis, ensemble learning, and information fusion
Through several waves of ups and downs in the past decades, artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved into a must-have new technology or tool in various domains. Furthermore, with the advent of powerful GPU, AI-related research or AI-based applications have sprouted in every corner of the world. Originating from pure network connectivity, the Internet of Things (IoT) has become a structure that can collect every piece of data from physical devices, daily activities, images, or videos into a data reservoir. As a result, tons of data are automatically generated into an enterprise database in a single day. This creates research opportunities on integrating AI, IoT, big data, and cloud or edge computing, to improve the quality of industrial production or medical service.
Applications of AI algorithms, models, or techniques play important roles and can be found everywhere, including widespread usage in industry and medical systems for tasks such as locating and detecting scratches or defects in product surface, printed circuit board manufacturing, monitoring rehabilitation progress for patients with Parkinson’s disease or stroke, autonomous moving and planning of service robots in healthcare, and short-term or long-term prediction of air quality in certain areas. Furthermore, AI can be integrated with other techniques, such as Internet of things, big data, cloud computing, and edge computing to become powerful tools for industry and medicine domains. Still, practical and successful applications of AI to meet the industry and medical requirements is a long journey and many challenges remain to be resolved. However, the use of AI is the key to success in industry and medicine fields and domains.
This Special Issue focuses on the applications of artificial intelligence in industry and medicine. Topics of interest for publication include but are not limited to the following:
- Artificial intelligence applied to scratch/defect detection and classification (e.g., product surface scratch detection, defect types classification, transfer learning models for cross-platform applications)
- Artificial intelligence applied to healthcare system design (e.g., rehabilitation systems design, fuzzy logic, neural networks, and multi-criteria decision making in evaluating exercises performance)
- Artificial intelligence applied to robotics (e.g., route control, service robot control in warehouses, medical robots in measuring physiological data from people under self-quarantine or in quarantine hotel)
- Artificial intelligence applied to drone flight control (e.g., multi-drone control, target identification, and recognition)
- Artificial intelligence applied to autonomous cars control (e.g., driving planning and operation, smooth control)
- Artificial intelligence applied to PM2.5 or PM10 prediction (e.g., short-term and long-term air quality prediction, alert)
- Case study of AI or IoT in industry or medicine applications (preferred topics that have been successful implemented in industry or healthcare)
Prof. Dr. Yo-Ping Huang
Prof. Dr. Yue-Shan Chang
Prof. Dr. Hung-Chi Chu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Processes is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- AI in scratch/defect detection and classification
- AI in healthcare systems design
- AI in industrial or service robotics
- AI in drone flight control and target recognition
- AI in autonomous cars planning and operation
- AI in PM2.5 or PM10 prediction
- case study of AI or IoT in industry applications
- case study of AI or IoT in medicine applications
- other topics related to successful applications of AI