Topical Collection "Feature Papers in Polymer Processing and Engineering"
Interests: lasers (high power); laser-materials interactions; laser based advanced manufacturing; powder bed fusion; additive manufacturing; 3D printing
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Quantum Beam Science: Laser Assisted Manufacturing
Special Issue in Materials: Emerging Materials for Additive Manufacturing
Special Issue in Polymers: Process–Structure–Properties in Polymer Additive Manufacturing II
Topical Collection in Polymers: Advanced Manufacturing for Polymers
Topical Collection in Polymers: State-of-the-Art Polymer Science and Technology in Singapore
Special Issue in Polymers: Multi-Scale and Multi-Level Design of Advanced Composites and Structures
Special Issue in Polymers: Advanced Additive Processes and 3D Printing for Polymer Composites
Special Issue in Quantum Beam Science: Advances and Applications of Laser and Optics in Engineering
Special Issue in Crystals: Additive Manufacturing of Alloys via Laser-Based Techniques
Special Issue in Materials: State of the Art in Materials for Additive Manufacturing
Special Issue in Machines: Advances in 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing Techniques
This topic collection from the open-access journal Polymers aims to collect original research articles, reviews, and communications on the topic of Polymer Processing and Engineering. All research performed on polymeric materials, such as innovative products, fabrication methods, and characterization techniques is included within the scope.
The topics of this collection include, but are not limited to, these topics:
- Innovations in existing processes and fabrication methods
- Additive manufacturing and 3D printing
- Bio-printing and bio-fabrication
- Sustainable polymers and processing
- New polymer design and synthesis
- Coating and thin films
- Feedstock preparation
- Polymer matrix composites
- Surface treatments and modification
- Process control and qualification
- Simulation and optimization of processes and material designs
- Products testing and analysis
- Polymer rheology and mechanical properties.
Dr. Swee Leong Sing
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the collection website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Polymers is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- innovations in existing processes and fabrication methods
- additive manufacturing and 3D printing
- bio-printing and bio-fabrication
- sustainable polymers and processing
- new polymer design and synthesis
- coating and thin films
- feedstock preparation
- polymer matrix composites
- surface treatments and modification
- process control and qualification
- simulation and optimization of processes and material designs
- products testing and analysis
- polymer rheology and mechanical properties
Jump to: 2022
Jump to: 2023