Special Issue "Advances in Dietary Supplements"
A special issue of Nutrients (ISSN 2072-6643).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 September 2018)
This Special Issue of Nutrients, entitled “Advances in Dietary Supplements”, welcomes the submission of original research manuscripts and/or reviews of the current scientific literature. Consumers utilize and have faith in a variety of products; this is illustrated by the rapid expansion of the dietary supplement market over the last 20 years. Their mainstream use and availability creates an enormous need for balanced and credible scientific evidence highlighting their safety, efficacy and potential effects on human health.
Manuscripts should focus on the benefits and harms of dietary supplement use across the population or a specific subpopulation. Potential topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Health effects of dietary supplements (both positive and negative), with an emphasis on human studies.
- Human clinical trials, controlled feeding studies, or longitudinal analyses of dietary supplement use.
- Motivations for and prevalence of dietary supplement use.
- Mechanism(s) of action and/or synergistic interactions of compounds within dietary supplements.
- The effect of dietary supplements on biomarkers of nutritional status, particularly those measured in human samples.
- Development of analytical methods for identification and quantification of dietary bioactive components found in supplements.
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nutrients is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Dietary supplements
- Dietary bioactive compounds
- Health promotion
- Disease prevention