Special Issue "Food Labeling: Analysis, Understanding, and Perception"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 July 2020).
Interests: analysis of consumer behavior and preferences; the evaluation of the socio-economic sustainability of dietary behaviors; economic analysis of food safety and food quality schemes with a value chain sustainability perspective
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Food labels are a tool to promote public health by providing information which allows consumers to make informed dietary choices. At the same time, food labels may represent a marketing tool and may influence consumers’ perception of food quality.
This Special Issue welcomes original research and reviews of literature focusing on:
- The analysis of the nutrient profile of products with different characteristics reported on the food labels (including but not limited to nutrition and health claims, organic, gluten-free);
- The nutrient profile underlying FOP nutrition labels and their graphical design in different countries;
- The consumers’ perception, knowledge and understanding of the information made on food;
- The impact of information on food labeling (e.g., front-of-pack information, serving size) on consumers’ willingness to pay and food choice;
- The attitudes, beliefs, perceptions, behavioral, and socioeconomic determinants regarding the use of food labels.
Dr. Daniela Martini
Prof. Davide Menozzi
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nutrients is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- food label
- nutrition and health claims
- gluten free
- nutrition declaration
- food choice
- consumer behavior
- consumer attitude
- willingness to pay
- consumer perception
- food decision making
- food packaging