Special Issue "Advances in Silicon Solar Cells"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2020.
Interests: crystalline silicon solar cells; carrier selective contacts; silicon microwire solar cells; flexible silicon solar cells; transparent silicon solar cells; nanowire photodiode
We would like to invite you to submit your contributions to this Special Issue entitled “Advances in Silicon Solar Cells”. Significant research has been conducted on silicon solar cells over the last decades. This has led to steady improvement in the power conversion efficiency of solar cells and a considerable reduction in the manufacturing cost. This sparked the development and optimization of new materials, new processing techniques, novel solar cell structures, advanced characterization methods, and improved device understanding of advanced silicon solar cells.
In this Special Issue, we aim to bring together up-to-date views of past and current developments in the field, with a particular focus on the most recent theoretical and experimental discoveries concerning topics such as novel materials, device structures, and fabrication techniques for silicon solar cells. We hope you opt to participate in this Special Issue by contributing original research articles or critical review papers. Topics of interest for publication include but at not limited to:
- silicon heterojunction solar cells (a-Si/c-Si, organic/inorganic, Schottky, etc.);
- carrier selective contacts;
- high-efficiency silicon solar cells (PERC, HIT, IBC, etc.);
- perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells;
- thin crystalline silicon solar cells;
- silicon nano/micro structures (black Si, nanowire, microwire, etc.);
- novel passivation layers and techniques;
- metal contacts and metallization techniques;
- plasmonic and up/down conversion materials;
- advanced characterization methods for silicon solar cells.
Dr. Han-Don Um
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Materials is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- silicon heterojunction solar cells (a-Si/c-Si, organic/inorganic, Schottky, etc.)
- carrier selective contacts
- high-efficiency silicon solar cells (PERC, HIT, IBC, etc.)
- perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells
- thin crystalline silicon solar cells
- silicon nano/micro structures (black Si, nanowire, microwire, etc.)
- novel passivation layers and techniques
- metal contacts and metallization techniques
- plasmonic and up/down conversion materials
- advanced characterization methods for silicon solar cells