About Journal of Manufacturing and Materials Processing
Journal of Manufacturing and Materials Processing aims to publish state of the art knowledge in the fields of processes, equipment, systems, and materials in relation to materials processing and manufacturing. It offers an online platform facilitating effective exchange of innovative scientific and engineering ideas and the dissemination of recent, original, and significant research and developmental findings.
The definition of materials processing refers to the procedure that transforms material characteristics and properties, while manufacturing is defined to be the operation that creates the final shape, form, finish, utilities, functionalities, and performance of parts and components. Novel materials processing methodologies, manufacturing schemes, advanced equipment and tooling design, as well as the thermal, mechanical and chemical behaviors that the material exhibits during, and resulting from, manufacturing processes are the major dedication of the journal.
The scope of the journal covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Mechanics analysis and predictive modeling of engineering materials involved in the material heating, solidification, deformation, addition, removal, accretion, and other operations in the manufacturing of parts and components
- Establishment of advanced and innovative methodologies for manufacturing operations, including mechanical, thermal, optical, chemical, electrical or other processes
- Research findings on materials processing to transform material properties and characteristics for subsequent manufacturing steps to be performed
- Design of equipment or the development of tooling for materials processing and manufacturing;
- Assessment and control of process quality, efficiency, and competitiveness
- Capability enhancement of materials processing and manufacturing through control, measurement, monitoring, and automation
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
JMMP is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in JMMP will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.