Biomaterials and Devices for Healthcare Applications
A section of Journal of Functional Biomaterials (ISSN 2079-4983).
The scope of this section includes knowledge underpinning the design, properties, and performance of biomaterials and devices, including the biocompatibility of sensors used in healthcare (e.g., diagnosis/therapy). The materials/devices will be tested/modeled/validated in various paradigms (in vitro, ex vivo, in vivo), including undergoing clinical validation. Articles submitted by multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary teams are welcomed to support knowledge exchange in various contexts.
There are no restrictions on the length of the manuscripts submitted (full experimental details must be provided to ensure reproducibility, especially in the biological context), and the clarity/readability of manuscripts is important in order to ensure the maximum benefit to a wider interdisciplinary readership.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Functional Nanomaterials and Nanobiosensors: Synthesis, Characterization and Medical Application (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Metallic Biomaterials for Medical Applications (Deadline: 10 January 2024)
- Functionalization of Magnetic Nanoparticles for Applications in Biomedicine (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Functional Nanomaterials and Flexible Sensing Devices in Wearables (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Nanostructured Materials/Biomaterials for Healthcare Applications (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Applications of Biomaterials in Otorhinolaryngology (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Biomaterials in Medical Diagnosis and Treatment (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Three-Dimensional Printing Technology in Medical Applications (Deadline: 30 June 2024)