Special Issue "Polymer Composites and Fibers"
A special issue of Journal of Composites Science (ISSN 2504-477X).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2020.
Interests: polymer matrix composites (PMCs); mulitifunctinal nanofibers; electrospinning; energy conversion and storage; surface and interface engineering; mechanical properties; solid mechanics
Interests: smart polymeric systems; high-temperature polymers; multifunctional nanofibers and membranes; electrospinning; material characterization; energy conversion and storage; hydrogel chemistry
Polymer matrix composites (PMCs), composed of synthetic or natural polymeric resins reinforced with high performance fibers and particles, have found broad applications in aerospace and aeronautical structures, ground vehicles, offshore and civil infrastructures, sports utilities, amongst others. due to their unique high specific strength and stiffness, sound anticorrosion capability, and low-cost manufacturing. This Special Issue will focus on the general topics on the materials, processing, characterization, and modeling of PMCs, fibers, and fibrous materials. The topics to be covered include but are not limited to:
- Processing and characterization of PMCs
- Fabrication and characterization of micro- and nanofibers of polymers, carbon, or other materials
- PMCs and fibers from biodegradable and/or renewable materials
- New concepts of structural and multifunctional PMCs and fibers
- PMCs and fibrous materials for emerging applications in biomedical engineering, environmental protection, renewable energy harvesting, conversion, storage, etc.
- Interface toughening, damage self-healing, and surface treatment techniques for PMCs and fibers
- Theoretical, analytical, and computational modeling of the mechanical and multifunctional performances of PMCs, fibers, and fibrous materials
Dr. Xiangfa Wu
Dr. Oksana Zholobko
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Composites Science is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Polymer matrix composites (PMCs)
- Self-healing composites
- Biodegradable composites
- Natural fiber-reinforced composites
- Multifunctional composites
- Fibrous materials
- Interface toughening
- Surface treatment of fibers
- Mechanical properties
- Composite processing