Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Clinical Advances in Surgical or Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement"
A special issue of Journal of Clinical Medicine (ISSN 2077-0383). This special issue belongs to the section "Vascular Medicine".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 July 2023 | Viewed by 958
Special Issue Editor
Interests: valvular heart disease; valvular heart disease epidemiology; echocardiography
Special Issue Information
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement has transformed the management of aortic valve disease and emerged as an option for patients in all risk categories. Surgical aortic valve replacement remains the gold standard for many patients with aortic valve disease, and choosing between surgery and transcatheter aortic valve replacement can sometimes be challenging, as both have their unique advantages and disadvantages.
It is my pleasure to announce that I will be serving as the guest editor for a Special Issue of the Journal of Clinical Medicine dedicated to the clinical advances in surgical and transcatheter aortic valve replacement. As an expert in this field, I believe that you would make a significant and impactful contribution to this Special Issue.
The aim of this issue is to bring the reader up to date with the advances in surgical and transcatheter aortic valve replacement and to provide comprehensive yet clear practical information related to the evaluation and management of the patient with aortic valve disease. In addition, the reader should be appraised of the relevant latest technological developments that have the potential to impact surgery or transcatheter aortic valve replacement in the near future. This Special Issue will cover the following topics:
- When to intervene in an asymptomatic patient with aortic stenosis.
- When to intervene in asymptomatic patient with aortic valve regurgitation.
- Advances in minimally invasive surgical aortic valve replacement.
- Choice of mechanical versus tissue prosthesis.
- Advances in surgical aortic valve repair for aortic valve regurgitation.
- Advances in transcatheter aortic valve replacement for aortic valve regurgitation.
- Advances in transcatheter aortic valve replacement for bicuspid aortic valve stenosis.
- Incidence, management, and avoidance of high-grade atrioventricular block after transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
- Redo aortic valve replacement for a diseased aortic valve prosthesis: when to choose surgical versus transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
- Anticoagulation strategies following surgical or transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
- Bioprosthetic valve thrombosis: incidence, management, and long-term implications.
- Tissue-engineered heart valve for aortic valve replacement.
Dr. Vuyisile T. Nkomo
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Clinical Medicine is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- valvular heart disease
- aortic valve stenosis
- aortic valve regurgitation
- bicuspid aortic valve
- minimally invasive surgery
- surgical aortic valve replacement
- transcatheter aortic valve replacement
- aortic valve prosthesis
- long-term outcomes