Special Issue "Cancer Rehabilitation and Survivorship"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 July 2020.
Interests: survivorship; cancer rehabilitation; health promotion; behaviour change; implementation research
Interests: Exercise, rehabilitation, oncology, survivorship, physical function
Due to improvements in early detection together with the development of increasingly effective treatments, mortality rates have dropped significantly over the past three decades for many of the most prevalent cancers. This has led to a dramatic rise in the number of cancer survivors worldwide. Cancer survivors have unique needs and face multiple physical, functional, and psychosocial challenges during and after cancer treatment, which requires the development of innovative models of care and interventions.
With this Special Issue, we hope to encourage submissions that provide new information on the needs of cancer survivors, address and focus on interventions and innovative models of survivorship care and cancer rehabilitation, and address issues related to implementation of these services.
Submissions are encouraged on the following topics:
- Descriptive studies on survivors’ experiences and outcomes (particular interest in older cancer survivors; non-breast cancer populations);
- Descriptive studies on late and long-term physical and psychosocial effects, (particular focus on long-term survivors > 5 years and biologic mechanisms and genetic factors related to adverse effects) as well as participation restrictions, functional wellbeing, and disability;
- Models of survivorship care (particular focus on patterns and quality of survivorship care topics as care coordination, health care utilization, and survivorship care planning);
- Cancer rehabilitation and prehabilitation interventions that reduce disability of cancer survivors across the lifespan;
- Evidence-based practice and implementation science in cancer rehabilitation and survivorship programs.
Dr. Jennifer Jones
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Clinical Medicine is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- cancer survivorship
- cancer rehabilitation
- adverse side effects
- models of care
- implementation science