A section of Information (ISSN 2078-2489).
This section focuses on original and new research work in the area of Artificial Intelligence. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is receiving very high attention in many real-world application areas nowadays and it is probably on its way to becoming a build-in base technology in our digital life. From this perspective, papers submitted should have a strong application perspective rather than purely theoretical goals. The scope of the work considered in this section is broad and interdisciplinary with a focus on data-driven and knowledge-based approaches, as well as hybrid techniques to real-world problems. Reports on novel and innovative AI algorithms are of particular interest, as are their in-depth analyses, experiments and evaluation.
Specific subfields covered by this section include AI algorithms and methods, machine learning, deep learning, combinations of data-driven and rule-based methods, natural language processing, big data text analytics, information extraction, question answering, cognitive robotics, human–computer interaction, multimedia and multimodal AI technologies, image processing and computer vision.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Wearable Augmented and Mixed Reality Applications (Deadline: 10 June 2019)
- Machine Learning for Cyber-Security (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Application of Artificial Intelligence in Sports (Deadline: 15 July 2019)
- Computational Sport Science and Sport Analytics (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Conceptual Structures 2019 (Deadline: 31 January 2020)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: