Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Climate Change and Human Health Impacts and Adaptation"
A special issue of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 March 2010).
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: biometeorology; health warning systems based on meteorological parameters; the use of GIS on Biometeorology and medical geography
Interests: climate-health relationships; climate-organism relationships; synoptic climatology; climate indices
It has been known for centuries that climatic conditions affect human health in many different ways. The relationships between human health and climate have become especially important in the last decades. Global climate change, regional weather extremes, and large-scale epidemics are generating international interest in the effects of climate on human health and mortality.
This special issue is focused on all aspects of how weather and climate variability interact with human health. The editors encourage submissions that address novel theories and methods, those that question previously-reported ideas, and those that use prior results to predict possible future scenarios.
Prof. Dr. Pablo Fernández de Arróyabe
Related MDPI Journal
- emerging diseases in new environments
- vector-borne diseases
- health warning systems based on meteorological forecasts
- the use of bio-meteorological indexes
- extreme climatic events and sanitary consequences
- interaction between climate, air pollution, and health
- weather variability and mental illnesses
- deprivation index, welfare, and climate change, among others