A section of Geosciences (ISSN 2076-3263).
The Geophysics section of Geosciences publishes original and top-quality research papers, notes, comments, and reviews on the solid earth, atmosphere, hydrosphere, and space. Geophysics section includes all aspects of geophysics and promotes the comprehension of the structure, physical properties, and processes of the Earth and its surrounding environment. The main topics of this section cover all of the observational, applied, numerical, statistical, and theoretical aspects of tectonic and induced earthquakes; paleoseismology; Earth’s gravitational and magnetic fields; paleomagnetism; electromagnetic geophysics; geodynamics; marine geosciences; volcanology; rock physics; hydrological processes; hydrogeophysics; atmospheric processes; oceanography; and planetary science.
Articles focused on new investigations and/or presenting new data and methods of interest to a broader earth-science readership are especially welcome.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Remote Sensing of Snow and Its Applications (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Geological Seafloor Mapping (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Subsurface Thermography and the Use of Temperature in Geosciences (Deadline: 10 May 2019)
- Climate Variability in Antarctica and the Southern Hemisphere over the Last Millennia (Deadline: 15 May 2019)
- Forensic Geoscience (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- The East African Rift: Tectonics, Magmatism and Natural Hazards (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- Seismic Sequence in Mediterranean Region (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- Induced Seismicity (Deadline: 20 October 2019)
- SAR Applications in Engineering Geology and Structural Engineering (Deadline: 31 December 2019)