Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Forests 2022 Best PhD Thesis Award
The journal Forests is inviting applications for the Forests 2022 Best PhD Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to two PhD students or recently qualified PhD who have produced a highly anticipated thesis with great academic potential. The applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee led by the Editors-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Timothy A. Martin and Dr. Cate Macinnis-Ng.
Eligibility and Requirements
– The candidate must be a PhD student or recently qualified PhD who has produced a highly anticipated thesis with great academic potential;
– The PhD thesis must be their original work;
– The PhD thesis must be defended in 2022.
Required Application Documents
– An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English of around 3000 words;
– A letter from the PhD supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
– The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
– An electronic copy of the PhD thesis;
– A scanned copy of the PhD diploma (or certificate of studying at a school or research institute as a PhD student going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses).
– Quality of resume and publications;
– Relevance of the candidate and research description;
– Novelty of the candidate’s PhD thesis;
– Strength of the recommendation letter;
– Anticipated academic potential;
– Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (CHF 500);
– Offer to publish one paper with a 50% discount on the article processing charge in Forests after peer review before the end of 2024.
The application deadline is 30 June 2023. The winners will be announced on the Forests website by the end of August 2023.
Forests Editorial Office