A section of Foods (ISSN 2304-8158).
This section focuses on the composition, technological, and nutritional quality of all grains (i.e., cereals, pseudocereals, pulses), and, in general, edible dry seeds of plants used for human nutrition and their derived products. Processing of grains from field to fork with attention to its influence on the quality of the final product is considered in this section. Papers on the influence of different growing regimes (i.e., biological, biodynamic agriculture, etc.) on the quality of raw materials are welcome. Safety aspects are also of interest, as well as those related to consumers’ acceptability and legislation.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- New Insights into Cereals and Cereal-Based Foods (Deadline: 15 June 2020)
- Starch: Properties, Processing, and Functionality in Food Systems (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Health-Promoting Compounds in Cereal Grains (Deadline: 30 August 2020)
- Qualitative and Nutritional Improvement of Cereal-Based Foods and Beverages (Deadline: 30 October 2020)
- Advancing the Investigation of Viscoelastic Properties of Gluten and Dough (Deadline: 10 November 2020)
- Soybean Processing and Utilization (Deadline: 20 November 2020)
- Quality and Composition Assessment of Wheat and Its Products (Deadline: 20 November 2020)
- Improving the Sensory, Nutritional and Technological Profile of Conventional and Gluten-Free Pasta and Bakery Products (Deadline: 10 December 2020)
- Innovative Pasta with High Nutritional and Healthy Potential (Deadline: 21 March 2021)