We are pleased to announce that Fishes will be granting Travel Award to one postdoctoral fellow or PhD student in recognition of their outstanding achievements. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the Fishes Editorial Board.
This award provides financial support for the winner to attend an international conference in the field of fishes and aquatic animals, to be held in 2023, in order to deliver a presentation, present a poster, or both.
– Postdoctoral fellows or PhD students;
– Plans to attend an international conference in 2023 (oral presentation or poster).
Required Application Documents:
– Information of the conference that the applicant is planning to attend and the abstract that will be submitted;
– Curriculum vitae and list of publications;
– Justification letter describing the focus of the research (max. 800 words);
– Letter of recommendation from the supervisor, research director, or department head, which also confirms the applicant’s status as a postdoctoral fellow/PhD student.
The winner will be awarded the following:
– CHF 800;
– An offer to publish one paper with a 50% discount on the APC in Fishes by the end of 2023;
– A certificate.
Please submit your applications for the Fishes 2023 Travel Award online by 31 January 2023. Prizes will be awarded at the end of March 2023 and announced on the Fishes website.
Fishes Editorial Office