Special Issue "Power System Simulation with Renewable Power: Protection, Optimization and Control"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2021.
Interests: power electronics; renewable systems; microgrids; electric vehicles; power quality; power systems simulation; metaheuristic optimization
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Electronics: Grid-Connected Renewable Energy Sources
Special Issue in Energies: Electrical Power Engineering: Efficiency and Control Strategies
Engineering Faculty, Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas, Bogota D.C., 11021, Colombia.
Interests: power system optimization; linear and nonlinear control; power electronics; renewable energy; microgrids; dynamical simulation; exact and metaheuristic optimization
Undoubtedly, renewable energy sources (RES) have changed traditional transmission grids and represent a significant electricity resource in modern power systems. In this context, the analysis, operation, and control of power systems are increasingly complex tasks that require advanced simulation models to analyze and control the effects of transformations concerning electricity grids today: massive integration of RES, progressive implementation of electric vehicles, development of intelligent networks, and progressive evolution of the applications of artificial intelligence.
This Special Issue will present the latest research developments and practical applications in the field of protection, control, and optimization in new scenarios for future power systems. These include, in particular but not exclusively:
- Modeling, design, analysis, and control of low-power and high-power converters for renewable energy conversion and their interconnections;
- Design and control of intelligent power plants for future power grids;
- Modelling, control, and simulation of battery-based energy storage systems integrated in renewable plants;
- Modelling of smart grids with RES;
- Dynamical modeling and control of flywheels, supercapacitors, superconducting coils, and energy storage technologies for AC and DC distribution applications;
- Optimization algorithms for energy management and intelligent control of RES plants in distribution grid;
- Impact of RES plants on power quality;
- Planning and operation of renewable power systems;
- Analysis and control of DC and hybrid AC/DC power networks;
- Ancillary services of distributed generation;
- Diagnostics, maintenance, risks, reliability, vulnerability, and self-healing of grids;
- Big data analysis.
Dr. J. C. Hernandez
Dr. Oscar Danilo Montoya
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Power system modeling
- Optimization algorithms
- Renewable energies
- Distributed generation
- Systems and control for sustainability
- Power quality
- Hybrid AC/DC systems
- Linear and nonlinear control methods
- Distribution system planning and operation
- Exact and metaheuristic optimization