Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Dietary Antioxidants and Health Promotion"
A special issue of Antioxidants (ISSN 2076-3921). This special issue belongs to the section "Health Outcomes of Antioxidants and Oxidative Stress".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 April 2017).
Food Science & Technology Programme, c/o Department of Chemistry, 3 Science Drive 3, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, 117543 Singapore
Fax: +65 6775 7895
Interests: fabrication of quantum dots; transition metal complex; polyphenolic compounds; antioxidant; pro-oxidant activity
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Molecules: Antioxidants 2012
In light of the rapid development of dietary antioxidant research, we are delighted to call for papers to be published in this Special Issue. The scope of papers will include:
- Clinical trials of dietary antioxidants on health promotions and disease preventions.
- Animal model studies on the intervention study of dietary antioxidants on promotion of health status and reduce the chronic disease biomarkers particularly those on chronic inflammation, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer disease.
- Isolation, structural characterization of novel dietary antioxidants and their action mechanism.
- Reaction kinetics, product characterization, and structure and activity relationship of dietary antioxidants in scavenging biologically relevant reactive oxygen species.
- Analytical methodology on dietary antioxidant activity measurements in chemical and cellular systems.
- Novel extraction and separation methods of dietary antioxidants.
- Dietary antioxidant enriched functional foods and their health promotion related research.
I look forward to your contribution.
Prof. Dr. Dejian Huang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Antioxidants is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Reactive oxygen species
- Oxidative stress
- Functional foods
- Structure and activity relationship