Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Resilient Water-Wise Cities: Social, Environmental and Technical Contributions of Rainwater Harvesting Systems and Water-Reuse Techniques"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2020.
Tel. +39-010-33 52485
Interests: urban drainage modelling; source control measures; sustainable solutions for urban drainage systems; water quality; water resources management
Interests: urban water management; alternative water supply systems; public engagement, governance, and policy
This Special Issue aims to consider a range of perspectives on and approaches to transformation for resilient and water-wise cities. Included papers should present recent advances, which can be social, environmental or technical in character, in relation to rainwater harvesting systems and water-reuse techniques with the aim of enhancing resilience and becoming more water-wise. Broad principles for the following objectives are also welcome: resilience to hydrological extremes (drought and flood); water quality impact; source runoff control; water resources protection; embedding socio-cultural values; facilitating changing social practices.
Potential topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Modelling the hydrologic response of urban catchments under different scenarios implementing rainwater harvesting systems;
- Understanding household resilience through rainwater harvesting;
- Monitoring the hydraulic, quality and other performance aspects of rainwater harvesting and water reuse at the building scale;
- Assessing socio-economic impacts;
- Urban planning strategies to increase the resilience to hydrological extreme;
- Exploring the role of community connections to rainwater harvesting and water reuse;
- Using novel methods to investigate underexplored perpectives on water, resilience and cities
Assoc. Prof. Ilaria Gnecco
Assoc. Prof. Sarah Ward
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Water is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- rainwater harvesting
- water reuse
- stormwater runoff quality
- source control systems
- water management and governance
- socio-economic indicators
- urban resilience measures
- Life Cycle Assessment
- mixed methods
- interpretive social science