Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Symmetry in Nonlinear Studies"
A special issue of Symmetry (ISSN 2073-8994).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 April 2020.
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Mathematics: Applications in Theoretical and Computational Fixed Point Problems
The properties of symmetry are very relevant in certain problems of theoretical physics and mathematics, as well as in many applications, for instance, related to Noether-type theorems, Lie symmetry, conservation laws, or studies of biological and medical problems modelled based on patchy environments. These problems are important for the theoretical development of “ad-hoc” models of differential-difference equations or those based on graph theory. However, there are also real problems where the symmetry is either lost or not taken formally into account to derive the expected relevant properties—for instance, those related to asymmetric patchy environments in epidemic models or the formal use of frameworks of quasimetrics rather than metrics in fixed-point theory and some of its applications. This Special Issue of the journal Symmetry invites contributions illustrating the bridges between mathematical and real-life scientific or applied problems and the relevance to them of symmetry- and/or asymmetry-related physical or modelling constraints. A tentative list of topics of interest for the Issue follows below, but it is also open for other related topics.
Prof. Dr. Manuel De La Sen
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Symmetry is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Symmetry, asymmetry and Noether theorems
- Lie and Noether symmetries
- Conservation laws related to symmetry and asymmetry properties
- Graph theory and symmetry
- New results on graph theory related to symmetry and asymmetry properties
- Symmetries and asymmetries in patchy environments for epidemic models
- Symmetries and asymmetries in biological and medical models
- Symmetries and asymmetries in optimization problems
- Symmetries and asymmetries in nonlinear time-delay, discrete-time dynamics, and control systems
- New results on the relevance of symmetry and asymmetry in fixed-point theory and related areas
- Applications of fixed-point theory linked to symmetry and asymmetry properties
- Symmetry and asymmetry problems in nonlinear functional equations
- Conservation laws and symmetry
- Symmetry and asymmetry in nonlinear studies
- Symmetries of differential equations
- Symmetries and asymmetries in fractional calculus
- Other related topics.