Special Issue "20th CIRIAF National Congress – Sustainable Development and Preservation of Environment and Human Health"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 June 2021).
CIRIAF (the Inter-University Research Centre on Pollution and Environment “Mauro Felli)” is a research centre based out of the University of Perugia, which promotes interdisciplinary and international research activities in the fields of environmental pollution, as well as its health and socio-economic effects, sustainable development, renewable and alternative energy, energy planning, and sustainable mobility. More than one hundred professors from about 20 different Italian and foreign universities are involved in the activities of the centre.
The CIRIAF National Congress, at its twentieth edition in 2020, collected the research activities of hundreds of scientists—fifty papers were presented during the congress and divided into the following sessions, which also involved four national research projects:
- Methane recovery and carbon dioxide disposal in natural gas hydrate reservoirs
- Development and promotion of levulinic acid and carboxilate platforms by the formulation of novel and advanced PHA-based biomaterials and their exploitation for 3D printed green-electronic applications (VISION)
- Biofeedstock: “Development of integrated technology platforms for the biomass residues valorisation”
- Environmental, economic, and social sustainability
- Circular economy models and innovative integrated pathways
- BIOmasses Circular Holistic Economy APproach to EneRgy equipments (BIO-CHEAPER)
- Renewable energies and sustainable plants
- Sustainable buildings and bio-architecture
- Territory strategic planning.
The Special Issue will include only the papers presented at the congress and selected by the scientific committee, and after successfully finalizing the peer revision process of the journal.
Dr. Gianluca Cavalaglio
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1900 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Sustainable development
- Renewable energies
- Biomass and biofuels
- Sustainable buildings