We are pleased to announce that the “Sustainable Chemistry 2022 Best PhD Thesis Award” is now open. The prize will be awarded to doctoral students who completed their PhD after 1 November 2020 or participated in the defense of their graduation thesis in the two years prior to 31 October 2022. The applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee consisting of senior scholars from the Sustainable Chemistry Editorial Board.
We welcome nominations for this award until 31 October 2022.
- The candidate must be a Ph.D student who studies in alternative green and sustainable technologies in chemical engineering and is going to graduate or participate in their graduation thesis defense;
- The PhD thesis must be original work;
- The PhD thesis must be defended between 1 November 2020 and 31 October 2022;
- Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
– An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English, of around 3000 words;
– A letter from the PhD supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
– The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
– An electronic copy of the PhD thesis;
– A scanned copy of the PhD diploma.
– Quality of resume and publications;
– Relevance of the candidate and research description;
– Novelty of the candidate’s PhD thesis;
– Strength of the recommendation letter;
– Anticipated academic potential;
– Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (CHF 600);
– Offer to publish a paper in Sustainable Chemistry with the article processing charge (APC) waived before the end of 30 June 2023.
Please submit your application online.
The application deadline is 31 October 2022. The winner will be announced on the Sustainable Chemistry website by the end of February 2023.
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Sustainable Chemistry Editorial Office