Sinusitis (ISSN 2673-351X) is a peer-reviewed open access journal which focuses on medical research about sinusitis, and is published semiannually online by MDPI. The journal aims to publish original research articles, reviews, short communications and case reports on clinical and veterinary research, epidemiological and public health studies, and translational science relevant to sinusitis and asthma, their causes and complications, and the relationships between both diseases, contributing to our understanding of the close link between the upper and lower respiratory airways.
The scope of the journal includes but is not limited to:
• Prevention, diagnosis, and management of rhinosinusitis and of asthma with an emphasis on their relationship
• Causes: immune dysfunction, infection, allergies, air pollution, structural problems
• Chronic and acute sinusitis and its impact on asthma
• Sinusitis related to tumors, smoking, cystic fibrosis, systemic diseases.
• Sinusitis complications: eye infections, ear infections, osteomyelitis, Pott's puffy tumor
• Pathophysiology and pathogenesis of sinusitis and asthma, especially their relationship
• Epidemiological studies on rhinosinusitis and asthma
• Molecular genetics
• Clinical symptoms and therapeutics
• New diagnostic tools and techniques
• Viral, fungal and bacterial infections
• Veterinary sciences
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
MDPI is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Sinusitis will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .Contact us
For further MDPI contacts, see here.