Special Issue "Intelligent Underwater Systems: Sensing, Communication, Networking and Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2019
Dr. Zheng Peng
Department of Computer Science, NAC 8/203, Grove School of Engineering, City University of New York - City College, 160 Covent Avenue, New York, NY 10031
Website | E-Mail
Interests: Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks; Wireless Networking; Cross-layer Design and Optimization; Localization and Synchronization; Computer Architecture; Embedded System; Operating System; Cyber-Physical System; Autonomous Underwater Vehicle
Following the success of the previous Special Issue on Underwater Sensing, Communication, Networking, and Systems , we are pleased to announce a new Special Issue on Intelligent Underwater Systems: Sensing, Communication, Networking, and Applications. It aims to encourage interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research at the frontier of intelligent underwater systems.
The strategic significance of the ocean leads has inspired a growing interest in developing effective and efficient sensing, communication, and networking systems for underwater environments. New technology is being developed to meet the increasing need of exploring the mysteries of the deep sea. New research is being conducted to address new challenges posed by unique underwater environments. These efforts can transform the way we understand, explore, and utilize the largely unexplored ocean.
In this Special Issue, we welcome our fellow colleagues to present recent research outcomes in the areas of underwater sensing, communication, networking, and system designs. The topics of interests include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Underwater sensing technology, including sensor design, sensing algorithms, data mining, data fusion, and dissemination;
- Underwater wireless communications, including acoustic, optical, RF, and magneto-inductive;
- Underwater observatory, including wired and wireless observatory at coastal, regional, and global scales;
- Underwater wireless networks, including networking theories, protocol designs, and architecture;
- Underwater robotics, including autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV), underwater remotely operated underwater vehicles (ROV), and underwater unmanned vehicles (UUV);
- Power harvesting and power systems, including alternative energy sources, renewable energy sources, underwater wireless charging, and low power design;
- Hardware design, including sensor systems, system integration, prototype, software defined communication, and networking platform;
- Modeling, simulation, and testbed design;
- Underwater ranging, localization, and tracking;
- Underwater cybersecurity and countermeasures;
- System deployment and network planning;
- Applications, case studies, field trials, and experiment results.
Dr. Zheng Peng
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.