Horticultural Economics, Policy, Business Management and Marketing
A section of Horticulturae (ISSN 2311-7524).
This Section publishes original manuscripts of diverse types related to social science topics such as economics, management science and political science that have a significant connection to horticultural production, distribution and consumption patterns and systems anywhere in the world.
We welcome high-quality submissions of both qualitative and quantitative nature within the topical scope of this Section. Accordingly, the Section is interested in research articles, review articles, methodology articles and, to a limited extent, opinion pieces.
All accepted papers must demonstrate a solid methodological basis and be built on reliable evidence leading to new insights and tangible knowledge advances. All contributions are subject to a rigorous peer review process aiming to assure high academic quality standards.
In particular, we are interested in innovative approaches and interdisciplinary studies combining social science with natural science topics and approaches. We invite all interested scientists to serve as guest editors of Special Issues on a single and particular theme.
- Horticultural economics including international trade and value chains
- Policies related to the development and support of horticultural territories, institutions and markets
- Business management of horticultural commercial enterprises and not-for-profit organizations and associations
- Marketing of horticultural products as well as insights into the behavior of final consumers and B2B customers in the supply chain
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Economics and Management of Fruit and Vegetable Production (Deadline: 10 February 2022)
- Advances in Fruit Consumer Behaviour and Marketing (Deadline: 6 March 2022)