Special Issue "Reliability of Power Electronic Systems"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 February 2021.
Interests: power electronics; renewable energy; reliability engineering
Power electronic systems play an important role in a wide range of applications such as renewable energy generation, power transmission, automotive, railway and industrial motor drives for efficient energy generation, distribution and consumption. As power electronic systems have gradually gained an important status, their reliability has become an important issue, since they are regarded as one of the most unreliable parts in a variety of whole systems. A paradigm shift in reliability research in power electronics is going on in terms of the design methodologies, reliability testing concepts, and robustness validation approaches of power electronic components to systems.
Prospective authors are invited to submit original contributions or survey papers for publication in Energies. Topics of interest for this Special Issue include, but are not limited to:
- Design for reliability in power electronics—robustness and reliability design
- Stressors and failure mechanisms of power electronic components and systems—impact and status
- Robustness and reliability validation testing
- Lifetime modeling and prediction of power electronic components and systems
- Life cycle cost analysis of power electronic systems
- Condition monitoring in power electronic systems
- Optimization for reliability in power electronics
- Reliability in emerging power devices (e.g. SiC, GaN)
- Handling reliability in embarked systems: automotive, aircraft and space applications
- Fault-tolerant strategies and advanced control of power electronic converters
- Other related topics
Prof. Dr. Ui-Min Choi
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Power electronics applications
- Reliability of power electronic components and systems
- Design for reliability
- Lifetime modeling and assessment
- Reliability testing
- Condition monitoring
- SiC and GaN