Corrosion, Wear and Erosion
A section of Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412).
Material degradation and loss due to corrosion, wear, and erosion is a serious contemporary issue that primarily limits the useful life of equipment, engineering materials, constructions, hydraulic transportation systems, etc. Material degradation is causing severe ecological problems all around the world.
Driven by the current state of knowledge of mechanisms for the prevention of materials destruction in exploitation conditions, the need to maintain structural material integrity and reliability assets under harsh environments have encouraged experimental, theoretical, and modelling activities in the field of corrosion, wear, and erosion research and prevention.
The present Section focuses on the advancement of basic and applied knowledge concerning the nature of corrosion, wear, and erosion of metallic, nonmetallic, and composite materials and the analysis and development of innovative solutions to practical engineering problems.
Papers that fall within the subjects of physics, chemistry, material science, or mechanical engineering should provide comprehensive insight into corrosion resistance, mechanical properties, and interface characterization, with emphasis on enhanced functional performance for different applications.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- New appearance in general and localized corrosion, corrosion-resistant alloys;
- Theoretical and experimental research, knowledge and new ideas in corrosion, wear and erosion protective and preventive mechanisms;
- Principles and modes of surface engineering for corrosion, erosion, and wear inhibition;
- Protective coatings including smart functional and self-healing coatings;
- The development and use of new test methods for corrosion and wear evaluation and characterization;
- Relationships between the structure, composition, and properties of materials and their corrosion and wear behavior.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Corrosion Science and Surface Engineering (Deadline: 30 November 2020)
- Coatings against Corrosion, Microbial Adhesion, and Biofouling (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Recent Advances in Metal, Ceramic, and Metal-Ceramic Composite Films/Coatings (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Syntheses, Properties, and Applications of Organic Dyes and Pigments (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Gradient Nanocrystalline Surfaces Produced by Mechanical Surface Engineering, Machining and Wear (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Enhanced Lubricants and Coatings for Engine Components (Deadline: 31 March 2021)
- Organic Coatings Degradation: Laboratory Tests and Outdoor Exposure (Deadline: 31 March 2021)
- Erosion of Nanostructured Coatings (Deadline: 10 June 2021)
- Coatings for Corrosion Mitigation II (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Modern Trends in Corrosion Protection of Steels (Deadline: 10 August 2021)
- Materials with and without Coating-Perspectives on Corrosion and Toxicity Issues (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Anticorrosion Protection of Nonmetallic and Metallic Coatings II (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Recent Advanced in Wood Coatings and Protection (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Corrosion and Electrochemical Behavior of Metals Coating (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Powder Composite Surfaces, Coatings and Films (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Coatings for Timber and Wood-Based Material (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: