Special Issue "Architecture, City, People, and Structure"
A special issue of Buildings (ISSN 2075-5309).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 November 2021).
Interests: design residential architecture; design for elderly; Universal Design; design in context of health; modernization of buildings in “large panel” technology
Interests: structural topology; lightweight structures; membrane and inflated structures; protection of historical buildings; information management in the design and construction process
This Special Issue of Buildings on “Architecture, City, People, and Structure” is based on the four domains mentioned in the title, whose interactions and mutual influence affect human life and living and make their intersection a crucial research theme. Hence, the Special Issue consists of four main subjects:
- The architecture of tomorrow—21st-century solutions in terms of pro-ecological and sustainable development;
- Universal Design as an integral direction of contemporary architecture;
- Innovation in architecture—temporary architecture (disasters), mobile structures in the city of the future, pop-up architecture, parametric design;
- Living city skin—responsive architecture, kinetic architecture, interactive facades;
- Energy-efficient and autonomous cities;
- Virtual reality—digital cities;
- Living cities—the use of biomimetic and bionic solutions in shaping cities;
- Application of Universal Design as an attempt to eliminate barriers in the 21st-century city;
- Urban adaptation to the requirements during an epidemic threat;
- Contemporary problems of single-family and multifamily housing based on pro-ecological and sustainable development assumptions;
- The housing architecture of tomorrow;
- Cohousing as a response to nowadays needs of multifamily architecture;
- Modern materials in architecture;
- Reusing and recycling in shaping 21st-century architecture;
- Low-tech and high-tech in 21st-century architecture;
- Wooden structures in contemporary architecture;
- Modern constructions systems in shaping architectural objects.
Prof. Dr. Barbara Gronostajska
Prof. Dr. Romuald Tarczewski
Prof. Dr. Joanna Jablonska
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Buildings is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- universal design
- city of future
- architecture of future
- sustainable development
- living cities
- urban and architectural additivity