Special Issue "Advanced Digital Technology in Logistics Engineering"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 April 2021.
Interests: Intralogistics and Warehousing 4.0; automated warehouses; warehouse design and control; material handling systems; mobile collaborative robots in intralogistics; analytical and numerical modeling
The development trend in logistics engineering is based on the development of new technologies, the introduction of information and communications technology (ICT), the concept of the Internet of Things (IoT) and the concept of Industry 4.0 with its high degree of automation and robotization. Together with an interdisciplinary scientific approach, they create the conditions for new possibilities and dimensions using advanced and environmentally friendly technologies.
This Special Issue welcomes articles from transportation and logistics engineering with advanced digital technologies, covering a wide range of aspects such as intelligent transportation systems, autonomous vehicle storage and retrieval systems, robotized warehouse systems, human–machine interaction in warehousing, and artificial intelligence in logistics.
Contributions on both methodology and applied research related to transport and logistics engineering are equally welcomed, including analytical methods and numerical models for decision-making problems, and their application.
Prof. Dr. Tone Lerher
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Warehouses (AS/RS, AVS/RS, SBS/RS, VLM)
- Material handling systems in intralogistics
- Automated (intelligent) material and part handling systems
- Automated material and part identification
- Warehouse layout
- Warehouse design, routing, and product allocation
- Single, double- and multi-deep storage systems
- Design, control, and optimization of warehouse systems
- Robotized warehouse systems
- Robotic mobile fulfillment systems
- Collaborative robots in intralogistics
- Exoskeletons in intralogistics
- Integrated warehouse systems
- Human–machine interaction in warehousing
- Warehouse sustainability
- Order picking systems
- Automated order picking systems
- Human factors in order picking
- Automated guided vehicles (AGV's)
- Pick support AGVs
- Artificial intelligence in logistics
- Computer vision in logistics
- Machine learning in logistics
- Sensors, actuators and robots in logistics
- Collaborative robots in logistics
- Mobile collaborative robots in logistics
- Multiagent systems in logistics
- Digital twin models in logistics
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Industry 4.0
- Physical internet
- Sustainability of logistic operations